Josey from My Cheap Version of Therapy has tagged me in a questionnaire, I haven’t done one of these in years and it was a good way to take my mind off the TWW. Self doubt is kicking in guys. I think it is a definite failure and I am trying very hard to hold it together and be busy.
Link to the person who nominated you.
Add the award logo.
Answer the questions your nominator asked.
Nominate 10 other blogs.
Ask your nominees 10 questions.
1. What is your favorite part of blogging?
I never started blogging to make friends. I just saw it as a way to get this immense pressure of my chest and finally get out in the air what I was feeling without the restrictions of a forum, this way I didn’t have to ask everyone else what they were doing before I got to me and I could write and write and write till I felt better. Then I realised there was an amazing awesome community within and started “meeting people”. I love it when someone really deserving finally gets their happy ending and take home baby. I love the multinational complex relationships that form between people and groups of people. I have been blogging since 2010 so five years! Some people are like my family now and I speak to them regularly and I just wish that I could go and see them!
2. Do you have siblings, and if so, are you close?
I have a brother and a sister and I am very close with both of them. It would be fair to say my sister is my legitimate best friend. There is only 18 months between us so we did a lot of things together. We lived out of home, traveled overseas, played sport and were each others maid of honors at our weddings. Her 3 children are my extended sons & daughters I literally could not imagine my life without her. There are seven years that separate me from my brother but that means nothing. Even though we don’t speak or see each other as frequently as D and I do (it’s a male / female thing) I know he is always in my corner. He is very much like me in personality and looks – except he is 6″4 or something like that!! He is incredibly loyal and I love him to bits. I also have Chippie’s sister who I am very close to and feel very lucky to have a second sister in her.
3. Beer, wine, liquor, or none of the above?
God, all of them! ;) No, probably wine. I work in a winery. I do love it. I never understand people that say I don’t drink – well excluding those with an addiction. I really do love a glass of wine.
4. What’s your favorite season of the year?
Autumn. Hands down.
5. What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
6. Do you have a favorite place you have traveled?
Oh this is hard!! I haven’t traveled extensively for a long time – finances and family will do that to you! I adored Spain and France. How could you not! Closer to home I love the Sapphire Coast of NSW for it’s pure beauty and WA is the best all round state in Australia I think – having all the attributes of the other states but on a miniature scale. I also love Asia. We are so close to Asia but so different! I haven’t been overseas in three years. Boo hoo.
7. Are you planning any fun trips this year?
If this IVF cycle doesn’t work out – and right now I am crippled with self doubt – we are planning on a snowboard trip to Japan in January. I also have a small trip planned to Qld later in the year for a wedding, have already hooked up the in laws to watch Molly for that weekend so a little bit excited for our first child free holiday!!
8. What state/country do you live in & why? (were you born there & love it or did you move there for a reason)
I am a Victorian (Australia) through and through. Was born here! One thing I have noticed from blogs is how many Americans leave their home town and settle in a new place. Australians tend to stay in their home state. I think it stems from university as most of us attend a university in our home state and don’t necessarily leave home. I don’t think this is always a good thing. Hindsight tells me it would have been better to leave and be a bit more independent. but I would have always come home.
9. What’s your favorite / preferred type of exercise?
Running or spin class. But I do love strength training.
10. How did you find my blog? (if you even remember!)
I remember seeing your name pop up on a couple of other blogs I read but thought you were in the cool gang and wouldn’t want to hang out with me. LMAO. I think you fell for my wit and charm.
10 Blog Nominee’s
1. Q from a Million Baby Steps
2. J from the Waiting Room
3. R from I’m Polycystic Inside
4. M from Kmina’s Blog
5. Another Bun in the Oven
6. A from No Baby Ruth
7. J from Just Smile & Blog
8. C from Starbucks, Peace and Pursuit of Baby
9. L from Love grows Love
10. A from Misconception
My 10 Questions
1. What has been the hardest thing for you accept with your infertility?
2. Are you finished or just starting with your family building?
3. If you could visit any country in the world where would you go?
4. What do you do for a living / what is your career?
5. If you could have any job what would it be?
6. Where is your favourite place to shop?
7. Where / how did you meet your partner?
8. What is a random interesting fact about you that we don’t know?
9. What is it that keeps bringing you back to blogging?
10. Sweet or Savoury? And your favourite food in that category!