This is going to be bullet points and probably not that interesting to anyone ;)
- I had my third opinion with a different FS. She didn’t offer much more in the way of treatment except she did say my AMH wasn’t that bad – it is low and not awesome but it isn’t in the THIS IS ALMOST OVER PHASE.
- but responding seems to be an issue. She prescribed a new stimulating drug which I already knew and had researched (with a little help!) and I had predicted she would recommend this because I was seeing her based on the recommendation of a friend with a similar fertility history. This drug is called Elonva and you essentially inject just the once rather than every day and then top up after 7 days. She recommended a daily injection of the LH drug menopur in conjunction with the Elonva as well which I had already been taking with the puregon.
- definitely an antagonist cycle – BUT I did already know that after last cycles horrendous outcome.
- a day 2 hormone test as she said you can tell a lot about how you will respond (this was different)
- also wanted me to test my thyroid and something else (can’t remember)
- in regards to treating NK cells she was not against the whole idea of them but tended to do the low dose steroid treatment rather than intrallipd (little bit scared of this)
- I left the appointment feeling a little underwhelmed. My friend had been really impressed about how she was read up on her history before she went in so I dutifully copied over my medical records and wrote a summary about my treatment over the past six years and none of this was read. I basically repeated my history AGAIN. It is annoying but not unexpected. I guess I was hoping for a “don’t worry I have this shit covered, I will get you pregnant” and I didn’t which leaves me very nervous about doing this again.
- I wont be starting any treatment until after Christmas if we do decide to do this again
- I really don’t know where I stand with another IVF. My heart is not dealing with it very well these days and I don’t seem to have the sheer stubbornness that is integral to get through IVF. I am also liking not being on the drugs. They really do impact me and make me anxious and emotional and fuzzy headed. They also seriously impact my sex drive which upsets my husband.
- I am in two minds about leaving my current FS. I don’t know what to do. Do I present the other information? Do I just cut the cord? I don’t dislike my FS I like him I am just upset with the way things are gone. I am scared about the monetary aspect. I am scared about the change.
MOLLY DID HER FIRST WEE WEE ON THE TOILET.
It was up there in the top five awesome parenting moments. I mean I was as proud as shit guys. I did the wee wee dance and I of course took the celebratory photo.
However. OH MY GOD TWO YEAR OLDS WERE PUT ON THIS EARTH TO CHALLENGE US.
yeah. On Wednesday I walked in the door and she pointed at me and said “go away”. She has picked up a nasty spitting habit (WTF?) which has been treated with a bar of soap in her mouth. Once was enough I show that bad boy and so far so good and lastly how the hell is time out supposed to work when you say threateningly 1,2 and she says 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. Hmmm. I don’t like using bedtime as a threat as that is already a song and dance to get her there.
Oh yeah one more.
Molly come clean your teeth – why
Come eat your dinner – why
Let’s get you dressed – why
You get the picture. My response is currently
because I am the boss.
She really is a cracker though.
- our house is great. I absolutely love being there. It makes the IF stuff seem not so bad. The swimming pool was all cleaned out so it is ready for summer, we are slowly getting the landscaping done and getting new furniture for the inside.
- Mum had her last chemo and is booked in for her double mastectomy on 7th October. This last round has kicked her butt but she is looking forward to hopefully (she will she will) becoming cancer free. She has done so well and I continue to be incredibly proud of her. It still feels very surreal. I am hoping it will be all over very soon.
- hens day shenanigans: we have our Great Gatsby themed hens day in just over a month. Did I tell you we have a flash dance organised and that the bridesmaids are part of it. Probably not. We had a dance lesson on the weekend and it was so much fun I nearly wet my pants. Am I great dancer – no. Will it be terrifying – yes. But I will have a few drinks and be ready and raring to go ;)
- work. Meh. I don’t know what to do at the moment. Keep on keeping on I guess and try keep my head above water.